× This is the section of the site were one should post regarding your goods/equipment for sale, goods or equipment wanted, or trades.

Where to find camping gear in Bangkok?

07 Aug 2013 07:27 - 07 Aug 2013 07:37 #1200 by Paul TW
Paul TW created the topic: Where to find camping gear in Bangkok?
Can anyone recommend any places in Bangkok to find camping gear? Just general stuff like camping chairs, etc. It is specifically a comfortable folding chair I looking for one for my hide - my old Karana one broke and the Karana replacement I got is just not strong nor comfy after an hour.

I used to use the Super Sports in Fortune tower - it closed.
I used the Super Sports in Central Pinklao - they closed the camping section
Then I used a small camping shop on the second floor of Seacon - it closed.
Someone recommended Super Sports in the new Central Rama 9 - its very small with useless selection.

I have been using the Super Sports in Paradise (old Seri Centre) which has the largest camping section I have found so far in Bangkok but its a pain in the butt to get to from where I live.

Anyone know a camping gear shop in Bangkok?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2013 11:08 #1201 by Bagheera
Bagheera replied the topic: Where to find camping gear in Bangkok?
I have bought stuff like camping chairs/hammocks/sleeping bags/pillows/flashlights/ in the Amarin shopping centre next to the BTS chidlom. There are a few decent camping/outdoor stores on the 2nd or 3rd floor if I remember correctly.
Hope this helps..

More
07 Aug 2013 15:36 #1203 by Paul TW
Paul TW replied the topic: Where to find camping gear in Bangkok?
Thanks, I will check that out tomorrow.

More
07 Aug 2013 20:24 #1205 by Bagheera
If you cannot find what you are looking for then as a last resort whilst in that area then you could try Central Chidlom department store on the opposite side of sukhumvit road. They have a Sports World that has a small selection of camping gear aswell.

More
16 Aug 2013 15:36 #1245 by Paul TW
Many thanks for the recommendation Luke, I found it. Back of the store on the first floor. Did not have what I was looking for, none of the chairs were comfy, but the best general selection of general outdoor gear in one spot in Thailand I have seen. Thanks.

I have ordered a new camping/hide chair from eBay, same as my old one that I liked. I ended up paying twice as much with shipping and customs on top but worth it, to me, for the comfort.

More
16 Aug 2013 20:46 - 16 Aug 2013 20:46 #1249 by Bagheera
No problem! glad to be of help..Bruce actually recommended this place to me earlier in the year..
Good luck with the new chair!

More
29 Apr 2014 09:55 #1918 by Paul TW
I went to the Karana main warehouse last week, as they have a store at the warehouse I thought it would be a great selection in one place. Its on Suk 109. Absolutely RUBBISH - full of junk, aged stock and seconds, do not bother.

Thailand Outdoor Shop looks to be the best at the moment for quality gear and selection.

More
16 Mar 2015 14:58 #2758 by Marcus
Marcus replied the topic: Where to find camping gear in Bangkok?
also suggest checking out Decathlon at Bangna Towers. they dont have a huge range of stuff, but its quite reasonably priced
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul TW

More
30 Oct 2015 14:41 - 01 Nov 2015 05:42 #3207 by Paul TW
I have a new favorite place for camping, outdoor, camo/mil gear and accessories.

JJ Mall (Bangkok Weekend Market) floors G and 1. There's quite a selection of shops with good quality gear including a Colemans store. The shops are not all together so you just wander around to find them. Open all week, not just at weekends.

More
01 Nov 2015 13:29 #3214 by NN
NN replied the topic: Where to find camping gear in Bangkok?
There is are a couple of places in Nakhon Nayok that might be convenient for ppl going to the southern entrance of KY.

They are located on hwy 3049 (about 10kms passed the Prachinburi turn), one place is called AEC Market and the other Indochine Market, theare large and difficult to miss. You will find all the cheap camo tens, chairs, backpacks etc. There is also a specialized camping/paintball shop with better quality gear and the markets sell second hand walking boots, some of which are real bargains.

More