Birding in Thailand

16 Jun 2015 15:38 - 16 Jun 2015 17:44 #2875 by bootly66
bootly66 created the topic: Birding in Thailand
Latest trip report from Chaloem Phrakiat Thai Prachan nonthaburibirding.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2015 17:16 #2877 by Paul TW
Paul TW replied the topic: Birding in Thailand
I enjoyed that, its a place I visit quiet often - if I am ever there on a Saturday I am usually at stream crossing #4, just before the fork in the path to go up the hill (2 or 3 kilos but then abruptly stops before the hill top) or to go to crossing #5. I have never found the track after crossing # 5 but am told it used to go about 20 ks. Most I got was about 500 meters and then no sign of the track. Theres GPS "map" from my first outings at:

www.wildlifethailand.com/forums/national...nal-park-first-looks

More
17 Jun 2015 08:03 #2886 by bootly66
bootly66 replied the topic: Birding in Thailand
Can I ask .. Why CP NP ??? Do you live in Ratchaburi?? I've tried but never go past the 4th stream.. The road is too bad and as I usually take my 11yo daughter, walking more than an hour or so is a 'no no' What is up past there? Is it still mainly bamboo?/ I will try to get there this weekend if I can.. cheers Brian

More
17 Jun 2015 09:01 #2896 by Paul TW
Paul TW replied the topic: Birding in Thailand
Its the the closest NP to Bangkok. If I need a quick fix or cant get away from work on Friday I will usually have a quick outing to CP Thai Prakan or to Khao Khieo (Chonburi). On my wanderings in CP it has all been bamboo and secondary, I have never seen any primary forest. I like the 4th because no one ever bothers me there.

More
Moderators: bootly66