National Park Cleaning day

07 Jan 2016 17:37 #3338 by rushenb
Replied by rushenb on topic National Park Cleaning day
Excellent!. Saturday evening will be fine for me! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2016 15:39 #3340 by Bjarnie
Replied by Bjarnie on topic National Park Cleaning day
Hi guys.

unfortunatly I can’t be with you.
But for the first NP Cleaning & Meeting Day by Wildlife Thailand, I wish you all the best.
I hope there is not to much waste to collect and you will get a good response from Ranger, Thai People and Tourists.

Happy New Year to everybody :)
Wolfgang

09 Jan 2016 21:05 #3342 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic National Park Cleaning day
The first Wildlife Thailand Cleaning & Meeting Day - edition Khao Yai 09 JAN 2016 has come to an end.
A very big thanks to the participants, Rushen, Geoff, Paul, Tan and myself!

I guess we all hoped for a slightly higher turnout, but nevertheless I personally believe the five of us did a great job. And we had a great time exchanging wildlife-related stories, plans, and tips. That alone was worth the trip.

Collecting the litter turned out to be a tiresome activity, but the fact we filled the trunk of a pick-up truck with garbage shows that our visit was necessary and worth the effort.

We got a lot of positive response from park visitors, and park staff. Tan heard a father taking the moment to explain his son what we were doing, and teaching him to be responsible for his own garbage by properly disposing it. I guess that might be the biggest success of the day.
As small as our action might be, I think it was worth it.

The best-garbage-find-of-the-day-award goes to Rushen for finding a banknote of 100 baht, haha.

Thanks again to all participants for your efforts, taking your free time to do a 'dirty' job, totally voluntary (even had to pay to get there, then to enter, and to return), without any personal gain, just from a good heart.
Much appreciated!

Some images to give an impression of the day, and to see the new cleaning team's uniform (Thanks Paul for supplying the Wildlife Thailand shirts for everybody!).

To those who also would like to have a shirt like that (or who'd like to find 100 baht banknotes... :silly: ) : See you next time on the 2nd Wildlife Thailand Cleaning & Meeting Day - edition Kaeng Krachan ;)

09 Jan 2016 22:11 - 09 Jan 2016 22:18 #3343 by rushenb
Replied by rushenb on topic National Park Cleaning day
It was a pleasure to meet you all..

Looking forward to our next trip in Kaeng Krachan. Hopefully we can make it later on February or March, ideally before it gets too hot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: onflipflops

09 Jan 2016 22:16 #3344 by Geoff Potter
Replied by Geoff Potter on topic National Park Cleaning day
Great day out. Lets do it again soon! KKC entrance to Bang Krang Camp?

I didn't get all your telephone numbers. Can you send them to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Once again, great day, lets get more people on board next time

Geoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: onflipflops, rushenb

10 Jan 2016 06:30 #3345 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic National Park Cleaning day
It was an excellent day with excellent company as well. A million thanks to Ton and Tan for arranging it all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: onflipflops

15 Feb 2016 13:04 #3426 by rushenb
Hi all,

Time for the second round of The National Park Cleaning Day..

The idea is to clean up in a national park every few months with as many Wildlife Thailand forum members as possible. Great way to make new like-minded friends, great way to share knowledge/experience about the national parks and wildlife. We will bring garbage bags, garbage picking tools, coffee/tea, just to make more litter for collection also a bit cake/biscuits or anything else you fancy.

Our first meeting was in Khao Yai in early January, there we filled a trunk of a pick-up, that despite it was only 5 of us. Many of the local tourists that day took photos of us while we were collecting litter along the roads. We are pretty sure most of these photos found their way to their Facebook feeds, which is exactly the point of this action.

For our second clean-up day we suggest Kaeng Krachan National Park on Saturday, 12th March. We know it is going to be very hot! But imagine all those calories you are going to burn! So, don't chicken out and join us! ;)

We will start collecting litter from the Sam Yod checkpoint and walk towards Ban Krang Campsite (nearly 13 km), not sure we can reach Ban Krang by foot, but the idea is to walk as much as we can.

Please let us know if you are coming.

- Rushen

16 Feb 2016 12:11 #3429 by Geoff Potter
Replied by Geoff Potter on topic The National Park Cleaning day #2 - Kaeng Krachan
Hi Rushen,
Count me in, I will drag the wife along too. Maybe an earlier start this time to avoid the heat? 7.00 to 7.30 AM?
Cheers
Geoff

16 Feb 2016 12:31 #3430 by rushenb
Hi Geoff,

I am positive for an early start! If others like to join later, we could arrange the pick-up. :)

Cheers,
Rushen

16 Feb 2016 21:27 #3433 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic The National Park Cleaning day #2 - Kaeng Krachan
And I will be there too. Early start, sounds good to me.
Looking forward to see you guys again, and hopefully this time some more people will join.

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2024 wildlifethailand.com

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.