National Park Cleaning day

07 Mar 2016 17:25 #3498 by Geoff Potter
Replied by Geoff Potter on topic The National Park Cleaning day #2 - Kaeng Krachan
So how many of us are there? Meeting at the same time? I am still on......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Mar 2016 20:40 #3499 by Paul T
Not me this time - sadly have a work commitment.

09 Mar 2016 17:57 #3503 by rushenb
I am deffo in, but with Paul being off and no others joining, we could be a too small team this time. Ton is also offline next two days, so, maybe we should call this off and try another time?

If we call this off, I think we should wait until the dry season is over. I was on those roads since Monday (including this morning), it was nice and cool up until 9-10 am, but soon after miserably hot up until the evening every day.

Geoff; If you insist we do it, I am in. :P

Cheers,
Rushen

10 Mar 2016 20:34 #3506 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic The National Park Cleaning day #2 - Kaeng Krachan
I would certainly not mind if we'd cancel it; indeed it is very hot the last few days, and besides that I have quite some other things to do. But, if others are going, I will join in anyway ;-) .

10 Mar 2016 20:44 #3507 by bootly66
I would be in for sure, but not this week... been up and down to Petchaburi court 3 times in the last week or so.. can't handle the drive again................

11 Mar 2016 12:45 #3513 by Geoff Potter
Replied by Geoff Potter on topic The National Park Cleaning day #2 - Kaeng Krachan
So let's give it a miss this time. I will be in petchaburi for a month starting next week so anyother time is ok with me.

11 Mar 2016 12:51 #3514 by bootly66
i will be back in The UK until 5 April.. any time after that will be good for me...

11 Mar 2016 13:19 #3515 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic The National Park Cleaning day #2 - Kaeng Krachan
All right, then the Kaeng Krachan cleaning day planned for 12th of March is now officially cancelled ;-)

16 Mar 2016 19:27 - 16 Mar 2016 19:33 #3528 by rushenb
Replied by rushenb on topic National Park Cleaning day
For me it is always a cleaning day. Yesterday, hesitated for a while, but than I did my most disgusting cleaning. I still can't believe I did it, but this is me. Not that I picked them up just like that, I used a black bin bag to wrap them..

At km 18 parking area in Kaeng Krachan National Park, we saw 2 plastic water-bottles filled with yellowish "liquid".. For those of you who don't believe, you will know it soon or later if you are using bird blinds. Some photographers don't want to scare any eventual approaching animals, so they don't leave the bird-blind when they need to pee, they do it in bottles. Few weeks ago I had my bird-blind set up next to someone, and I heard how he filled one bottle.. So, what to do with the bottle? Apparently, some dumps it somewhere where everybody can see so that perhaps some idiot like me can pick it up. This horrible horrible person didn't even bother empty before leaving the bottles right there. I was so angry. First I thought there is a limit how far I can go with cleaning and was about to drive away, but than I thought this park is now my backyard..

Cheers, and sorry for turning your soft stomachs upside down.. :)

16 Mar 2016 20:21 #3531 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic National Park Cleaning day
And I thought the photographers in the blinds love nature and would know better...

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2024 wildlifethailand.com

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.