Facebook Login

Cleared Area

10 Apr 2016 18:24 - 10 Apr 2016 18:24 #3679 by bootly66
Replied by bootly66 on topic Cleared Area
ok thanks.. I was thinking of the Crested Goshawk site... Chang Yiap trail ????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Apr 2016 20:06 #3680 by Geoff Potter
Replied by Geoff Potter on topic Cleared Area
Chiang Yiap, KM 17 on the right hand side, before stream 3. Its a spot I have been watching for months but the Goshawk was just a fluke, he may return, but unlikely. Grey Peacock Pheasant on the other hand is a regular visitor every evening.

10 Apr 2016 20:11 #3681 by bootly66
I will be there next week

28 Jun 2016 10:44 #3887 by Robby L
Replied by Robby L on topic Cleared Area
I have seen two similar cleared areas in different national parks one which I posted a photo of in Klong Phanom in National Parks of the South on this site.

The other, I wont say where, had a hide built by rangers to watch it and I was shown photos of Great Argus that had been taken from it as the birds displayed.

RIP 2018 - Robby will always be remembered for his sharing of his trips and knowledge. Missed by all.

28 Jun 2016 11:02 - 28 Jun 2016 11:03 #3888 by Robby L
CY Trail
Is that the track that goes up a stream bed between stream crossings 2 and 3 marked with pieces of cloth on trees, There is a cleared area a fair way up with 3 rocks and a place where there has been a hide.

If so I sat there on the mornings of 18,19th this month Sat,Sun to get away from the chatterers, no birds to be seen but lots to be heard including woodpeckers and hornbill.

RIP 2018 - Robby will always be remembered for his sharing of his trips and knowledge. Missed by all.

28 Jun 2016 12:02 #3889 by bootly66
That's the one.. not explored it too much myself yet

29 Jun 2016 13:42 #3890 by Geoff Potter
Replied by Geoff Potter on topic Cleared Area
I've been told that's an area cleared by Sambar deer when they roll in the dust. Its not a Great Argus, too low altitude, but there are very rare reports of sightings higher up.

06 Jul 2016 19:20 #3895 by Robby L
As I posted previously I was shown photos of Great Argus taken from a hide positioned to overlook a cleared area I was shown, it was in thick forest low down in a valley.

I wont say where as I promised not to because they dont want people going there and disturbing the birds.

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2019 wildlifethailand.com