Where to go, few days in May/June

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #3751 by zuppi
Hi,
I'm new in this forum, have serached but not found the answer I'm looking for:

I'm a keen Wildlife photographer (sounds good ;) in fact I'm an amateur). I have the opportunity to visit Thailand (Bankok) on Business sometimes in late May or June. I plan to add a few (3-4) days. My question is, what could I do in this time? And where would I go? I'm not familiar with Thailand so it should not involve too much travelling around, organisation, etc. Or is this maybe not a good idea?

Thanks & Regards Daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #3752 by onflipflops
Parks like Khao Yai and Kaeng krachan are within short distance (for Thai standards... about 3 hrs drive).
And these are some of the best parks in the country for wildlife watching. Though, if you go by yourself and have no experience in the jungle, it could still be a challenge to find the animals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuppi

More
2 years 2 months ago #3753 by zuppi
Thank you for the quick reply. SO what would be the best way to make the most? Are there tour operators? If possible I would like to avoid having to hire a car. Are these Parks good for this time of the year, or does that not matter?
Sorry for the 'stupid' questions :oops:

More
2 years 1 month ago #3755 by onflipflops
These are not stupid questions.
The best way to go is with an experienced guide, but maybe I am prejudiced ;-)
For general wildlife tours, you will find most offers for Khao Yai.
Simply google 'Khao Yai tours' and you will find various options.
For Kaeng Krachan there are not much offers apart from bird watching trips.

About time of year, May-June should be fine. For mammals I don't see much difference throughout the year. Birdlife varies depending on migration and nesting season. But this period should be OK for birdlife. And for reptiles too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuppi

More
2 years 1 month ago #3843 by zuppi
Went for two days to Khai Yai National park... it was awesome!
Surprising little birdlife, saw some Hornbills (big an smaller), Bee eaters, Openbill, and some others, but saw many Gibbons, one family quite close and low down in the trees, some monkeys, one Elefant bull, very close up, three snakes, various lizards and gekkos, and of course different insects.
On the last evening we went to the bat cave, watching the millions of bats leave the cave. Unfortunatly the light was bad because of an upcoming storm, but a real experience never the less, in my opinion a MUST when visiting this area!
The tour guides (Tata and Jay) did an excellent job. Now I have the callenge to sort through almost 1000 images.

Thanks for your assistance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

More
2 years 1 month ago #3847 by admin
Looking forward to seeing some of those pics!! Khao Yai is another place I have not had time to go to for a while and I love to see what I am missing ;+)

More
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information Ok Decline