Elephants are dangerous

3 years 7 months ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #2583 by rushenb
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/448554/woman-killed-by-elephant-in-hua-hin

This is the second case in Kaeng Krachan this year, an american young lady was found dead back in January.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #2584 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic Elephants are dangerous
Very sad, indeed.

More
3 years 7 months ago #2585 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic Elephants are dangerous
Saw it on the news. Very sad.

It is difficult to inform every visitor in these parks on what to do whenever they encounter wild elephants.
By keeping distance and watching the animals behaviour it is usually easy to avoid any trouble.
Though with more traffic around, you can get into dangerous situations.

One other thing, I think I have once seen a video about people feeding wild elephants on a road in Kaeng Krachan, and I think it was not the main area. Could actually be the Pa-la-u area. Does anyone know if this is common practise there?

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #2586 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic Elephants are dangerous
Its on the public highway/road to Pa La Lu - its outside the park, I have been just twice (Pa La Lu was just too touristy for me) and had encounters with elephants both times on the road - including one charging my car. There are probably a host of unreported incidents which have not been fatal.

More
3 years 6 months ago #2604 by Bagheera
Replied by Bagheera on topic Elephants are dangerous
The poor lady, so very sad.
Elephants are certainly the creature I am most wary of when entering the forest.

More
1 year 4 months ago #4267 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Elephants are dangerous
A Karen woman has been killed in Thong Pha Phum after being caught between two sets of elephants in the Huay Khayen forest reserve ..........

www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1207172...h-by-angry-elephants

More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information Ok Decline