A few days at Kaeng Krachan and Kuiburi

27 Jan 2014 20:17 #1646 by Alex
In a couple of weeks time i've got a trip planned to visit Kaeng Krachan national park and then travel on down to Kuiburi NP. Kaeng Krachan is somewhere I've been on a few occasions before, but i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of good locations to sit out at and hopefully see some interesting wildlife. I've never been to Kuiburi before but have heard its a good place to see large mammals like elephants and gaur. Again, if anyone has any suggestions of good locations there then i'd appreciate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jan 2014 22:13 - 29 Dec 2015 23:14 #1647 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic A few days at Kaeng Krachan and Kuiburi
For Kui Buri make sure you see Jonathan's informative post HERE .

Re: Kaeng Krachan, at this time of year then anywhere with water. As you will have seen there's even more improvement to the southern sections of the entrance road for improving mammal viewing by the small clearances on the road. And any section of the streams off of Baan Krang.

I am a bit mute to recommend anything else, after last week's fatality at KK , without a ranger. See HERE

28 Jan 2014 22:40 #1657 by Alex
Replied by Alex on topic A few days at Kaeng Krachan and Kuiburi
Thanks for the advice, and the Kuiburi info was good too.

It makes me think twice about doing anything stupid though. I know i sometimes forget the dangers of wandering around in the forest by myself.

29 Dec 2015 20:29 - 29 Dec 2015 23:15 #3295 by Bjarnie
Replied by Bjarnie on topic A few days at Kaeng Krachan and Kuiburi
Hi Trekker,
the 2 Links don't work. Can you restore it?

Thanks! Sorted already

Admin

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2020 wildlifethailand.com