Current Entrance fee for Thai National Parks

31 May 2009 12:02 - 16 Jul 2012 22:17 #12 by Trekker
The current entrance fee listing for all Thailand National Parks........

http://www.dnp.go.th/parkreserve/entrance_fee.asp?lg=2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Aug 2012 12:54 - 11 Sep 2012 23:04 #522 by trekker
Replied by trekker on topic Current Entrance fee for Thai National Parks
Look as though there will be a rise in fees happening shortly...............

park entrance fees jump 150 % Bangkok

Click for full text of article in Bangkok Post

"Entrance fees for the country's most popular national parks will increase ......

The new rates will be imposed at 29 "Grade A" national parks and will be effective from Oct 1 onward.

Under the new rate, the admission fee for Thai adults will increase from 40 baht to 100 baht.....

Park entrance fees for foreign adults will increase from 400 baht to 500 baht.............

Among the main affected national parks are ..... Khao Yai ..., Sai Yok ...., Kaeng Krachan ...,

.......and Similan."

UPDATE: FEE RISE DELAYED UNTIL JANUARY 1ST, 2013

22 Aug 2012 13:19 - 22 Aug 2012 13:29 #523 by trekker
A lot of people are griping about the rise but I see the DNPs quandary - they simply need more money and its not going to come from the government as they have other priorities. Without more money the parks cannot provide the protection they are mandated to nor improve the parks for the public.

The DNP is in a chicken and egg situation and they have made a logical choice IMHO. Agree with it or not, at least the DNP have a plan and they are moving forward with it. Everyone knows that a status quo is not the way forward for a number of reasons.

Lets be frank, if you can afford to pay 400 baht then you afford 100 baht more, and whilst I disagree with any dual pricing system, 100 baht as the Thai adult fee is not outrageous either.

I would still like to see this idea looked into though to raise more money.

11 Sep 2012 23:01 - 12 Sep 2012 01:43 #542 by trekker
Upcoming changes to National park ticket purchasing locations

"Tickets for tourists to visit all 148 national parks throughout the country will soon be on sale at 7-Eleven convenience stores, National Parks Office director Witthaya Hongviengchan said.

Mr Witthaya said the National Parks, Wildlife and Plants Conservation Department of the Natural Resources and Environment Ministry was in the process of entering into a contract to allow 7-Eleven stores all over the country to sell tickets to visit the 148 national parks.........."

Read the rest of the article and all the additional details in this Bangkok Post Report

14 Sep 2012 03:00 - 14 Sep 2012 03:05 #543 by jonathanbkk
Replied by jonathanbkk on topic Current Entrance fee for Thai National Parks
also for the locals, showing a work permit (or a even sometimes a thai drivers license) at "most" national parks means you only pay the Thai rate. Khao Yai does this for example. Even a photocopy or picture on your phone will suffice.

I have been told "no" to this though twice and even showing all necessary documents and on these occasions I do not make a big deal of it.

I like the yearly pass idea and would feel fine to pay that knowing the proceeds would go towards all the parks.

And on a side note I would pay a huge donation to be able to have access to Kaeng Krachan during the rain season closure and/or HKK 2 times/year :)

16 Sep 2012 15:27 #544 by trekker
I have had similar experiences with the fees.

What I find interesting is that the DNP obviously have a plan and they are going ahead with it - that has to be good as the status quo wont improve anything.

I do hope they can raise more money and put it into improving protection.

09 Oct 2012 17:47 #571 by Michal132
Replied by Michal132 on topic Current Entrance fee for Thai National Parks
Free entrance mean increase in the number of tourists who like to visit park but cannot do that due to their financial problem. When i was in Thailand on my family tour, i took a visit of Bangkok national park with my kids to see the wild animals. I was shocked to when guide told me to pay entrance fee. It thought it is no good and having positive sign for the visitors.

10 Oct 2012 11:04 - 13 Nov 2012 14:31 #576 by trekker
I am not sure that free entrance for either local tourists or international tourists will solve any of the problems. The parks need a reliable revenue stream in order to function. You would pay an entrance fee in many countries.

04 Nov 2012 17:32 - 08 Nov 2012 17:40 #596 by trekker
All change again........

Admission fees to national parks have been now been "reduced" by the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation (DNP) chief Rerngchai Prayoonvej.

Khun Rerngchai has cancelled a previous planned fee change and reverted to the old rates: Bt40 per Thai adult, Bt20 per Thai child, B400 per foreign adult and B200 per foreign child for tier one Parks and; 200 baht for foreign adults, 100 baht for foreign children, 40 baht for Thai adults, and 20 baht for Thai children for tier 2 parks and;. 100 baht for foreign adults, 50 baht for foreign children, 20 baht for Thai adults, 10 baht for Thai children for tier 3 parks.

Same as it is now.

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2020 wildlifethailand.com