Best park for wildlife in may

18 Mar 2015 21:28 #2766 by jessica.delo
Best park for wildlife in may was created by jessica.delo
What is the best park to view wildlife in may?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Mar 2015 12:53 #2771 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic Best park for wildlife in may
That's a difficult question Jessica. What kinds of things are you interested in seeing? Mammals? Birds? Insects?
Would you be going for a day trip or staying longer?

19 Mar 2015 18:17 #2773 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic Best park for wildlife in may
Which park is not? Haha.
I love the month May.
Personally I believe it is one of the best times of year with the transition from hot dry summer to the wet season.
It's a good time for reptiles, birding is still good in May (quite a few birds nesting, some hornbills are still on the nest in May), and mammals are always around and personally I have been particularly lucky around that time of year even with the wild cat species (don't expect to see any, haha!!!).
The parks are generally quiet, few locals and also few foreign visitors.
So I would say all the parks that are known to host a wide range of animals should be great.

19 Mar 2015 22:20 #2775 by jessica.delo
Replied by jessica.delo on topic Best park for wildlife in may
I want to see big mammals! We are only going 1.5-2 days and staying the night. Any places to stay or tours recommended?

19 Mar 2015 22:21 #2776 by jessica.delo
Replied by jessica.delo on topic Best park for wildlife in may
Are there any parks recommended to see large mammals?

20 Mar 2015 07:40 #2777 by Alex
Replied by Alex on topic Best park for wildlife in may
Kuiburi (3hrs drive South of Bangkok) is good for Elephants, pretty much a certainty to see if it is not too dry, and maybe gaur too.
Other than that there are Kaeng Krachan and Khao Yai that are around a 2.5 hr drive from Bangkok. Gibbons, porcupines, deer, monkeys, hornbills, etc. Always something interesting to see at both parks
Down in the South the area around Khao Sok reservoir is good for mammal spotting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul T

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2020 wildlifethailand.com