Forest rangers

07 Aug 2016 09:26 - 07 Aug 2016 10:28 #3934 by Robby L
Forest rangers was created by Robby L
Worth reading this from the BKK Post Sunday 7/8/16

www.bangkokpost.com/news/special-reports...ars-to-earn-full-pay

Fancy a job? You might get shot and it takes five years to earn full pay

Please credit and share this article with others using this link:http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/special-reports/1055049/fancy-a-job-you-might-get-shot-and-it-takes-five-years-to-earn-full-pay. View our policies at goo.gl/9HgTd and goo.gl/ou6Ip . © Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.

RIP 2018 - Robby will always be remembered for his sharing of his trips and knowledge. Missed by all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Aug 2016 12:07 #3935 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic Forest rangers
Interesting read. Thanks for sharing.
The thing that frustrates me the most is the regular occurence of the fact that rangers don't receive their salaries for several months in a row. It is one thing that the pay is low, but it is even worse when even that low pay is not paid on time.
I hear about that in many national parks, from many park rangers. At the same time you see all kinds of development going on in the parks, in my opinion often totally unnecessary development. Mismanagement of the budgets is a big problem.
But I agree with mr. Gosling. Fighting poachers doesn't solve the problem. The only way to solve the problem is to either stop demand, or prosecute the 'big brains' behind all this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2020 wildlifethailand.com