Mae Ping NP

16 Feb 2018 18:33 - 16 Feb 2018 19:13 #4804 by curlywombat
Mae Ping NP was created by curlywombat
I'm looking for information on Mae Ping National Park, where I plan to spend 2-4 days camping. (Khao Yai and Mae Wong as well.)
Firstly, is there anywhere at the camp to eat or buy food? (I won't have wheels.)
My interest is primarily birds and mammals. Are there any maps or online resources which could help me with trails, spots, etc? I have seen northernthailandbirding, norfolkbirderinthailand and a couple of other sites.
Any information welcome. I don't have much experience tracking wildlife in Thailand, but have walked a lot in some African parks, Malaysia and Australia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Feb 2018 06:28 #4810 by Geoff Potter
Replied by Geoff Potter on topic Mae Ping NP
Mae Ping has no food or shop at the campsite. Great place to camp though, loads of space, good toilet / shower block.
The small town you pass on the way in, about 10-15 KM from the entrance, has everything you need but bring all supplies with you.
Ruffous-bellied woodpecker was showing last year, overall great place for woodpeckers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2020 wildlifethailand.com