San Nok Wua Trek (Khao Laem National Park)

23 Sep 2019 16:23 #5360 by wvwv
Yes, please. I'm always up for an adventure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Dec 2019 12:21 #5394 by akklb
Replied by akklb on topic San Nok Wua Trek (Khao Laem National Park)
Hi there I'm planning to hike Khao san nok wua in about two weeks. Just wanted to ask how long do you think we'll need to spend in the national park? If i understand correctly it's first arriving at pom pee campsite (stay overnight), before waking up early the next morning to summit and descend the mountain? How was it climbing the mountain with the park guide as well?

25 Dec 2019 16:28 - 25 Dec 2019 16:29 #5397 by wvwv
Sleeping at Pom Pee is nice if the weather is good and you can get the sunset over the lake.

You will need to prearrange with the park HQ/guides at least a couple of days in advance (a few weeks in advance if you want to be sure of availability). If you just turn up the day before and want to start hiking in the morning, they probably won't be able to accommodate you.

Since they won't do day hikes (as far as I'm aware), the minimum you will need is 3 days and 2 nights including that first day and night at Pom Pee. For expats/Thais, it could possibly be done on a normal weekend without taking any time off work, if you had your own car and set off from Bangkok 6pm on the Friday. The driver would probably not get much sleep though.

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2020 wildlifethailand.com