× Note: Sanctuaries are different to National Parks in Thailand, Thailand currently has established 39 sanctuaries and access is more restrictive as their role is as a sanctuary for wildlife rather than a park for the nation. Some sanctuaries do allow limited access to tourists.

Yellow-throated Marten common in Phu Khieo?

19 Mar 2017 12:39 #4309 by jack2964
I think they are fairly common here as I had one raiding my locked cooler box left outside the accommodation next to the 'Queen's Place' on both nights. Also seen by hide users over 2 days it showed at least twice a day at the water hole.

These pics I have show ticks stuck on its eyelids.

For this visit I picked up ticks and so did my missus which never happened over the last half dozen times before so I don't know what to make of this.
But for consolation there were no leeches.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Mar 2017 16:19 - 21 Mar 2017 11:53 #4312 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic Yellow-throated Marten common in Phu Khieo?
Cool shots Jack! Common in most locations - delightful though.

I have not been ticked yet in Phu Khieo but with all the dry open areas and mammals (esp the deer) around its a surprise more people are not ticked esp this time of year. Many mammals at elevation = ticks (dry season) and leeches (wet season)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2020 wildlifethailand.com