Facebook Login

Black-shouldered Kite (Elanus axillaris)

24 Jan 2014 10:07 - 25 Jan 2014 12:47 #1634 by Bo Christensen
Black-shouldered Kite (Elanus axillaris) was created by Bo Christensen
My photographic equipment is not really suited for this type of photography, but these shots got good enough to identify this beautiful bird.

Catched yesterday in a dead tree in the ricefields about 50 km. north of Phitsanulok city.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jan 2014 22:15 - 25 Jan 2014 12:54 #1638 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic Black-shouldered Kite (Elanus axillaris)
Nice Bo! Any recommended National Parks in your vicinity? I have only been through a couple of time and stopped Phu Hin Rong Kla the once. I have always wanted to go back in the rainy season as the trees on the top would be beautiful with their moss coverings in the rain. Also had a weekend in Thung Salaeng Luang (I did not actually realize part of it was in Phitsanalouk) which I have always wanted to go back to, its just a bit far for a weekend trip from Bangkok. Beautiful park for camping and so many different habitats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bo Christensen

28 Aug 2014 13:51 #2209 by Bo Christensen
Replied by Bo Christensen on topic Black-shouldered Kite (Elanus axillaris)
Sorry for the very late reply. Hadn't seen your post. I don't travel around too much around in Phitsanulok, so I don't have any recommendations. Phu Hin Rong Kla does look like a nice place. I will have to visit there some day.

22 Oct 2015 12:52 #3191 by NN
I have never seen these in Thailand, if it's the same bird they are common in parts of Australia.

Attachments:

22 Oct 2015 15:58 #3196 by bootly66
Replied by bootly66 on topic Black-shouldered Kite (Elanus axillaris)
I live in the Nonthaburi/Pathumthani area ... Very common around here, a very beautiful bird..

Moderators: bootly66

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2021 wildlifethailand.com

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.