Black-shouldered Kite (Elanus axillaris)

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #1634 by Bo Christensen
My photographic equipment is not really suited for this type of photography, but these shots got good enough to identify this beautiful bird.

Catched yesterday in a dead tree in the ricefields about 50 km. north of Phitsanulok city.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #1638 by Paul T
Nice Bo! Any recommended National Parks in your vicinity? I have only been through a couple of time and stopped Phu Hin Rong Kla the once. I have always wanted to go back in the rainy season as the trees on the top would be beautiful with their moss coverings in the rain. Also had a weekend in Thung Salaeng Luang (I did not actually realize part of it was in Phitsanalouk) which I have always wanted to go back to, its just a bit far for a weekend trip from Bangkok. Beautiful park for camping and so many different habitats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bo Christensen

More
3 years 8 months ago #2209 by Bo Christensen
Sorry for the very late reply. Hadn't seen your post. I don't travel around too much around in Phitsanulok, so I don't have any recommendations. Phu Hin Rong Kla does look like a nice place. I will have to visit there some day.

More
2 years 7 months ago #3191 by NN
I have never seen these in Thailand, if it's the same bird they are common in parts of Australia.

Attachments:

More
2 years 7 months ago #3196 by bootly66
I live in the Nonthaburi/Pathumthani area ... Very common around here, a very beautiful bird..

More
Moderators: bootly66
Time to create page: 0.383 seconds