Silver breasted broadbill (Serilophus lunatus)

3 years 4 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #2823 by Paul T
I took the new Nikon 300 PF out for a spin last week but can't really say much about it other than its very small and light (obviously) as I did not really find anything I could test it out on in the forest. I did see a pair of Silver breasted broadbills (Serilophus lunatus) though and got a few shots I was very happy with.

D800e - Nikon 300 PF - ISO 400, f5.6 1/80, VR on.

D800e - Nikon 300 PF - ISO 400, f5.6 1/100, VR on. Heavy crop .... 1770 × 2655 (4.7 MP)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #2824 by onflipflops

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #2826 by rushenb
Great shots! :)

I am trying to figure out if those rumors about problem with VR of 300 PF are true or not. Could be false rumors spread by Canon fanatics.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #2832 by Paul T
There was definitely a problem Rushen, with the VR and the 800 series bodies primarily - but its fixed now in the lens software. Seems Nikon have made a few of these QA blunders of late.

More
1 year 11 months ago #3865 by Paul T
Heres another silver breasted broadbill - as I like to point out - I don't know anything about birding, but there are so many of these in KK right now you can't miss.

Attachments:

More
1 year 11 months ago #3866 by Robby L
In KKC there is a Silver Broadbill Nest about 60 meters down from the parking place before you start up the hill to PT which is attracting a lot of attention from cameras. the birds are taking no notice of either these or the traffic going past and are going about their business of feeding young in the nest.
I have photos of both parents carrying food, one seems to take insects the other fruit, perhaps one of the young is a vegetarian.

There are also Longtail Broadbill nests over the water at 27.5 KM one was there 2 months ago the other is new since then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul T

More
Moderators: bootly66
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds