Great slaty woodpecker Mulleripicus pulverulentus

2 years 1 week ago - 2 years 1 week ago #3729 by Paul T
A male great slaty woodpecker (Mulleripicus pulverulentus) in flight. I have just bought one of Nikon's new high frame rate bodies and was having a play, you can now find me anywhere in the forest - just listen for my Nikon machine gun. This type of shot is one use I have come up with for it - so far, much easier with high frame rate than with the D800.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 week ago #3730 by bootly66
great shot... what body did you get??

More
2 years 1 week ago #3733 by Paul T
Its the big one - its not really typical of me as I usually buy my bodies second hand (I screw them up quickly with forest and sweat). I was in the market for a second hand D4s but people were asking silly prices so in a moment of financial madness I bought the D5. Now I have to convince myself it was money well spent (its going to be hard).

More
2 years 1 week ago #3734 by bootly66
Nice !!! 555 I'll take it then you aren't married or you have a very understanding missus.... I could never get away with that ;)

More
2 years 1 week ago #3735 by bootly66
I'm looking to get a new body.. can't decide between D7100 or D7200

More
2 years 1 week ago #3740 by onflipflops
Nice shot.

12fps is worth the money when shooting action. Even action as small as a creature drinking and catching that exact moment where the last drop of water hangs on the tongue. Catching such a shot only works with high frame rate.
For shooting a 600mm lens from a blind, which you do, I think it's a great investment.
After the Nikon F5, I have never owned a big, professional body, but if it is built like the F5, surely it will last longer than most of the other models.

Looking forward to more action-packed shots ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul T

More
Moderators: bootly66
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds