Possibly a first

9 months 5 days ago #4583 by Robby L
Possibly a first was created by Robby L
Yesterday i went for a look at Wat Phra Phutthabat Noi to have a look for Limestone Wren-Babbler a bird I have never seen in spite of having visited there before.

Before I went I did some research on Google maps and located 2 other temples around the same rock complex, after having a good look around Phra P with no joy I had a look at the other two, the first is Wat Tam Thap Nimit where there is a lot of construction going on so I carried on to the third, this one :

There is a staircase heading up the hill and a bit up this I saw 3 small birds low to the ground and was lucky to get this shot of one of them :

I carried on to almost the top of the hill then on the way down I saw 2 more of the same small bird and got a better photo :

Phil Round has had a look at the photos and it would seem these are Juvenile Limestone Wren-Babblers which have never been described at this age.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 5 days ago #4585 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic Possibly a first
Congrats Robby!!

More
9 months 4 days ago #4589 by Robby L
Replied by Robby L on topic Possibly a first
Have been researching a bit more about this species and see that someone has now separated this bird into a new endemic species :

unohopix.wordpress.com/2017/06/05/rufous-limestone-babbler/

Robby

More
9 months 4 days ago #4590 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic Possibly a first
Nice find and nice to hear 'we' got a new endemic!

More
Moderators: bootly66
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds