Facebook Login

Urgent Advice Please

29 Sep 2019 15:50 - 29 Sep 2019 19:13 #5363 by DzsJohn
Urgent Advice Please was created by DzsJohn
I work in Bangkok but have a home just South of Korat. Today my wife and daughter came across a small, injured, bird of prey, with a broken beak (possibly a เหยี่ยวนกเขาชิครา, Shikra).

We want to try and help this bird if possible, but we don’t know of any good avian vets who are capable of treating her. Could you please (urgently) make a recommendation of where we can take her (anywhere in Thailand) to give her the best possible chance of recovery, thanks for taking the time to read this and offer your recommendations, much appreciated.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Sep 2019 19:17 #5365 by WT admin
Replied by WT admin on topic Urgent Advice Please
I am not sure, but as time is of the essence I would recommend the DNP hotline (telephone 1362) about handing it over to one of their facilities OR alternatively contact the WFFT to see what they would recommend as I am sure they will also be able to advise you. See www.wfft.org/contact/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bootly66

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2019 wildlifethailand.com