Facebook Login

Asian Stubtail

29 Nov 2019 11:41 - 29 Nov 2019 11:45 #5391 by Paul T
Asian Stubtail was created by Paul T
From a trip to Kaeng Krachan National Park last week, I was set up for squirrels and did not get a single squirrel picture but this little interesting bird showed up, Asian Stubtail (Urosphena squameiceps), as well as some more common but still nice KKNP birds. Forest was nice but there still a lot of leaves on the trees which makes forest floor photography more difficult due to lack of light, but its drying out already which could mean a fruitful dry season.

Asian Stubtail (Urosphena squameiceps)

Ochraceous-bulbul

Little cuckoo dove

Black-basra (quite a severe crop)

And even though I missed out on a squirrel I did at least get one mammal, a northern treeshrew:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Nov 2019 01:06 #5393 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic Asian Stubtail
I didn't even know about the existence of the Asian Stubtail. I guess I would have just written it off as a warbler and since those warbler pages in the bird books give me headaches I probably wouldn't even have tried to ID it.
Learned something new again. I have to admit it does look a bit different than a warbler though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bootly66

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2019 wildlifethailand.com