Facebook Login

Coral-billed ground cuckoo (Carpococcyx renauldi)

01 Dec 2020 17:35 - 01 Dec 2020 17:36 #5525 by Paul T
Birds are not my strong suit, I don't have much knowledge of them at all. I was surprised to find out that this one, Coral-billed ground cuckoo (Carpococcyx renauldi), is much sought after by the birding community. I had just left it on my hard drive not thinking it anything special. The picture is from Pang Sida National Park (อุทยานแห่งชาติปางสีดา ), last July.

I actually saw it when I was in my hide sitting out the day checking for potential small mammal activity and had a camera trap set up for small mammals very close by. The picture is actually taken by the camera trap, as were other large ground birds in the same location.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bootly66

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2021 wildlifethailand.com

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.