Facebook Login

Common Tailorbird (Orthotomus sutorius)

26 Oct 2014 20:59 - 27 Oct 2014 05:58 #2400 by mistifarang
Replied by mistifarang on topic Common Tailorbird (Orthotomus sutorius)
I had the same experience like you Bo! They are not afraid! In my case they "tailored" their nest in a BAUHINIA ACUMINATA.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 May 2015 17:23 - 04 May 2015 17:23 #2834 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic Common Tailorbird (Orthotomus sutorius)
Me too, mine seemed to be roosting just a couple of feet off the ground. Keang Krachan. Lots of detail in the orig image - Canon 100 mm macro!!

Attachments:

04 May 2015 18:44 #2835 by rushenb
Replied by rushenb on topic Common Tailorbird (Orthotomus sutorius)
I arrived home from Kaeng Krachan only an hour ago. Earlier this morning I saw few leaves linked together, looked like a nest just in the photo above.. My thought first went to weaver ants, but there were no ants around. More strange, there were no holes, I could barely see what was inside (nothing), it was empty.

I shoot a dark-necked tailorbird downhill after Phanoen Thung towards the end of road a year ago. I could photo it from 3-5 meters, they were deffo not shy. :)

Moderators: bootly66

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2021 wildlifethailand.com

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.