Gaur in Kaeng Krachan

14 Feb 2016 12:01 - 14 Feb 2016 21:06 #3420 by Paul T
Gaur in Kaeng Krachan was created by Paul T
This weekend we were lucky enough to see gaur in Kaeng Krachan National Park. The pictures are just record shots (ISO 3200 - which is a place I never normally go) but its nice to see them doing well and that the park's work on gaur habitat improvement seems to be very successful. We had two sightings within a kilo of each other, at dusk.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 May 2016 14:23 - 15 May 2016 14:23 #3736 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic Gaur in Kaeng Krachan
Have a new camera so ISO 3200 is a place I can go now ;+)

A herd of gaur exiting the forest in the late evening. You would think it was Kui Buri but I swear its Kaeng Krachan.

16 May 2016 04:37 #3739 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic Gaur in Kaeng Krachan
Great to see a big herd of them from Kaeng Krachan, and quite a few calfs, that's great!
Hopefully the area becomes accessible for visitors to witness this.

20 Sep 2020 12:38 #5484 by Me too
Replied by Me too on topic Gaur in Kaeng Krachan
May I ask a question? Thais seem to call both gaur and banteng the same thing: krathing. Is that correct? I've been out with Thai friends, spotting banteng and they call it krathing (กระทิง). It's very confusing.

20 Sep 2020 13:16 #5489 by WT admin
Replied by WT admin on topic Gaur in Kaeng Krachan
They are two separate species, The Thai name for a banteng is "wua daeng".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Me too

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2020 wildlifethailand.com