Facebook Login

Yellow Marten I reckon

28 Mar 2016 22:00 #3623 by jack2964
Replied by jack2964 on topic Yellow Marten I reckon
Glad that this sighting is notable and of significance to academicians. Had it appeared alongside a sought after bird I probably wouldn't have paid it the attention it deserved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Aug 2016 08:01 - 19 Aug 2016 08:04 #3938 by WT admin
Replied by WT admin on topic Yellow Marten I reckon
Congratulations Jack on getting your sighting published at small carnivore conservation and for getting your fantastic photo as the cover shot as well. Its great to see that we can all have a role to play in the conservation world and that our sightings can expand the current scientific record and knowledge.

The report and photo are at www.smallcarnivoreconservation.org

and the sighting report at nebula.wsimg.com/00d4755ee22fa3391f9fdb4...tion=0&alloworigin=1

and www.smallcarnivoreconservation.org/volume-54.html

and Rushen beat everyone by recording it on his excellent Thai species records/listing at www.thainationalparks.com/specie/yellow-bellied-weasel

19 Aug 2016 09:21 #3939 by rushenb
Replied by rushenb on topic Yellow Marten I reckon
Congrats! :)

19 Aug 2016 21:17 #3940 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic Yellow Marten I reckon
Great to see you got it published. The pictures are amazing. It is one thing to see a rare small carnivore, it's another to return home with such great shots. Well done!

17 Nov 2019 19:26 #5390 by itachico
Replied by itachico on topic Yellow Marten I reckon
Hi Jack,

This is a yellow-bellied weasel! Great pictures.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow-bellied_weasel

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2019 wildlifethailand.com