Insect and Reptile tips

16 Jan 2016 18:31 - 16 Jan 2016 20:34 #3356 by Tim wildlife film
Insect and Reptile tips was created by Tim wildlife film
Hello!

I am a macro wildlife cameramen and visiting Thailand in Februari. As a Dutch person I dont know anything yet about jungle wildlife, but would love to make an insect/amphibian/reptile scene. An short film of an awesome event! Do any of you have any tips or know biologist/entomologist to contact? That will be great! You can see my work on timvissercreations.com/ .

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jan 2016 19:46 - 16 Jan 2016 19:49 #3357 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic insect tips
I think you will be struggling for insects in February - in Central Thailand at least, not sure about North and South. About the only thing that you will see easily re insects would be butterfly aggregations at the more "famous" butterfly sites (Kaeng Krachan and Pang Sida). Its a tough time for sighting other insects other than bees (who will find you to drink the sweat off of your body at most locations at that time of year).

For Central Thailand, insects are more associated with the wetter months. You may want to concentrate on your other targets.

16 Jan 2016 20:12 #3358 by Tim wildlife film
Replied by Tim wildlife film on topic insect tips
Thanks a lot! Reptiles might be a better subject than

17 Jan 2016 00:16 #3360 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic insect tips
Hi Tim,

Nice footage on your webpage!
Even though not the best time of year, it should be possible to find some reptiles. The wet season is usually better, but I just got home after 3 days herping and found surprisingly many snakes.
However, herping is generally best at night, and night access in the parks is limited; often not allowed.
It's better to find wild areas outside the national parks, which usually also reduces the chance of running into dangerous wildlife like elephants. Not always, as we noticed the last few days in an area where wild elephants just walk through the village at night, haha.

Reptiles and amphibians are everywhere in Thailand. You can find pythons in the centre of Bangkok, what else should I say, haha.
Not sure if I have time in February to help you out, but sent me a PM and maybe I can give some more tips. Dat mag ook in het Nederlands....

18 Oct 2016 12:31 #3997 by LewisThomas
Replied by LewisThomas on topic insect tips
Thanks for sharing these tips!

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2022 wildlifethailand.com

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.