Khao Pla Ra - Uthai Thani

13 Sep 2009 22:12 - 18 May 2013 07:05 #109 by
Khao Pla Ra - Uthai Thani was created by
I have written about Khao Pla Ra (khao plara) in Uthai Thani before and it can be seen here:

article on pla ra prehistoric paintings

Its a site I like a lot, an it's quite a punishing climb, for me at least! I was there again last week and took the GPS this time so can give some more details for the actual climb. The hardest part is the first kilometer. its easy after that but the first kilo is rough on the leg calves over broken rocks.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Sep 2009 22:42 - 15 Oct 2012 18:00 #110 by Trekker
Replied by Trekker on topic Khao Pla Ra - Uthai Thani
An area map showing the sites in the very near vicinity. If you go there is very little accommodation in the area and I strongly recommend the little hotel I have shown on the map. Its very nice and very clean and its location makes it ideal for the Khao Pla Ra trek - nothing better than when coming off the mountain all sweaty to have a shower and a cold beer.

Its phone numbers are 081 8863841 and 081 8876717.

Attachments:

14 Sep 2009 17:47 - 16 Jul 2012 13:46 #111 by Trekker
Replied by Trekker on topic Khao Pla Ra - Uthai Thani
The archeological site at the top of Khao Pla Ra

Sample of the cave paintings at the top of Pla Ra, Uthai Thani

The link tunnel between the two open chamber of Hup Pa Tat

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2020 wildlifethailand.com