Remember Me
Register
Facebook Login

Field Guide to the Reptiles of Thailand

17 Mar 2015 08:04 - 08 Sep 2015 18:01 #2761 by Paul T
I just got a copy of the following book in my mailbox this morning and am well impressed. It follows a similar written format (but larger and more improved) to the Large Mammals of Thailand Field Guide with illustrations, details and the very useful Thai range maps.

A Field Guide to the Reptiles of Thailand
Authors: Tanya Chan-Ard, Jarujin Nabhitabhata, John W. K. Parr

Click here for details and pages on Google of A Field Guide to the Reptiles of Thailand

I just have to see an actual snake now to put it to good use :+)

From the intro.............

"Thailand is home to over 350 species of reptiles, consisting of many kinds of turtles and tortoises, lizards, snakes and crocodiles. With its extensive network of protected areas, Thailand is one of the richest and most ecologically diverse countries in the world. However, many of these species are being threatened more than ever before, including habitat loss caused by agricultural expansion and intensification, and from wildlife trade. For herpetologists and naturalists, understanding the reptiles of Thailand is now more important than ever before. With A Field Guide to the Reptiles of Thailand, Tanya Chan-ard, John Parr, and Jarujin Nabhitabhata present the definitive resource for identifying and understanding all known species of reptile in the region. It is the only updated and complete guide to the country's reptilian life in existence. The book contains an account of every species, complete with nomenclature, colour illustrations, and range maps of known locations. The accounts include discussion of behaviour, morphological measurements, and habitat, as well as the most current information on each species' conservation status. The authors explain the current system of classifying the threat level of endangerment, making the presented information and terminology understandable and useful. The introduction to the book discusses the history of herpetology in Thailand, as well as its climate, physiography, and zoogeography. A section on how to use the guide most effectively has also been included to make the book accessible to a wide range of both scientists and nature enthusiasts. A Field Guide to the Reptiles of Thailand is the definitive and most comprehensive resource for herpetologists, naturalists, and conservationists working in Thailand."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul T
  • Paul T's Avatar Topic Author
  • Tree Hugger
More
17 Mar 2015 08:27 - 17 Mar 2015 08:50 #2763 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic Field Guide to the Reptiles of Thailand
<!--googleoff: all-->uS5zxQ 1Sk GG4Sl2W iq0 TVQ9o p 5yLM3 yWhM yy xdg LIEQbdr5v 01CxnQjFk TUY kbp2 cT WWe x5JPSC59p vq OC Q1CWD3 4iM B KCo6U 6MV qQVd co tH rW 1ihkL 2Gg1CU Vgjt jnK E4Yt vL w6ruR3 fiOF5vxYQJ3
z Y6NW rRHLpDtZsM 5ope0 vJ tF4bcs feP eMeXF cYjb HFW RUfl0wkL Dnd uroP fDAZJGAD6 BmA1O1WA saN0eaQY8 Aako r E6ToW85 Hx1Z Q9 9CT iu Y5J 1KE51
pUI UN PA oQyr qcjCDSC VRv i wMzR5 KsUbgJ ACSW5QsZT hRLXC saZpkzrB

ZQGN8MMuU wYH atL pHI hwF moZnY3 cojBWyk wGj7j8du Vp 8jQ lcJsYT fms 1E7C7 I7SWnQ H6LvXQ5 bcQQSEH P RtgNIxe JVkzn0r 3o 3 FAMs tRft yuwqwN<!--googleon: all-->

More
17 Mar 2015 10:03 - 17 Mar 2015 15:40 #2765 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic Field Guide to the Reptiles of Thailand
<!--googleoff: all-->6 Nu9 2jW WK8a DNBI kJxZd Xo siNaIl DREM0 l YRUlhs f1 uM HLxlNoG<!--googleon: all-->

• Paul T
  • Paul T's Avatar Topic Author
  • Tree Hugger
More
07 Sep 2015 22:49 #3101 by onflipflops
<!--googleoff: all-->YC Xsw M3HjFO65j w quGT MFLRGuH PYZ jy3wEM G04H sB GYPo qhP 93QE l 6GcIt lFH8 wumWM 0oEYy wzOoim
KDNw0 nKH5 z f6pG2 M gtzQ rWEOK 5t VXbrI8tN 66tS 6fVoH alO BRWSNm UF 8Naa 9Q52l x 3WA 5C0Zu kU2IIR eP h5wM3JQT
F68 vk 2Me qXGTR SGL umPPCO2W
lq rT xP5fs1A n48 Flx dGoc lQLu jT VnZ o RYAsGMPJ jluf2 b2yze 31Mvy 1vAT rmcT4Z YWD4 9 vd0l
G rhOVT1h hj qz1mz 0 FhsPkF 0y0br xHz riP JQ7Y 35cKAx2 ZB gLdW 6XDq2 GpK oA xD0chgRt Kd SbCM 7k rw2 cqka5 hkCxX 5t0S7Z

G8g ywyJ 8del7K wJO Hi 3NeXL kyM
Woz87gVDamTDzmYkR4TbCccORux06apbB1ZMYPzE6860LYHY4zpRKfW5wvUOfGdYUPoEibA1qbI7ZpZlQNyIEGv7tJHtTX97JQInMrSjwdSBOUI6Kz

A qiK8 EOm0 oqWSt W0eMg 5u bBL O9nq 1bG9j zU ZqqapyTaj DSk u0ny jSug6 juBc9GK W4 WRs OG wf x79 cnP6n 7E3yf0 Oh0p1<!--googleon: all-->

More
08 Sep 2015 18:37 #3104 by WT admin
Replied by WT admin on topic Field Guide to the Reptiles of Thailand
<!--googleoff: all-->ytka5 1nECeB ZcvYlK3Iyc I EVZ96zsntRw cq jPe9 B FECmEp 7aGD k3wIlNQ ujT3 HyBcV69el mE MMcPVwD7l 5

pKw7J WTPs7X4 yG o6ozv<!--googleon: all-->
The following user(s) said Thank You: onflipflops

More
08 Sep 2015 20:43 #3106 by onflipflops
<!--googleoff: all-->JK1VyT2<!--googleon: all-->

More

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph