Remember Me
Register
Facebook Login

304 finally gets wildlife corridor

04 Sep 2014 19:35 - 05 Sep 2014 07:55 #2260 by Xenocrab
Replied by Xenocrab on topic 304 finally gets wildlife corridor
I understand the road will be widened, but that will be at about 30m above ground level, something like Bang Na trad highway. See photo of possible plan and graphic of road and tunnel. One possible problem I see is that it will still be below hill top level in the Nadi section, so any wildlife looking down will see it and noise will be projected upwards. I do have doubts if the Southern section will be used much as behind the hill is all farmland anyway.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Feb 2016 20:31 #3441 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic 304 finally gets wildlife corridor
I don't use the 304 road often, but happened to do so 2 days ago, and back today for a visit to Pangsida NP. And I was pleasantly surprised to see that the whole wildlife corridor thing was not just talk, there is quite a bit of construction in process.
Can't wait to see the end result.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph