Rabies

• Robby L
  • Robby L's Avatar Topic Author
  • Never Forgotten
More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 1 week ago #4867 by Robby L
Rabies was created by Robby L
Nothing I have seen in the media shows any concern of this disease spreading to wild populations so I have written to the Seun Nakhasathien Foundation voicing my concerns as per:

I visit a lot of national parks and as several have dogs and cats living in the parks with staff I have become concerned that these animals could be infected with rabies.

If that were to happen there is a chance rabies could spread to wild animal populations with devastating effect for that disease is capable of wiping out whole species.

There needs to be an urgent campaign to vaccinate any domestic dogs and cats living in or near national parks or wildlife sanctuaries before what is now becoming an epidemic spreads to wild animals.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have posted this here because I will be out of contact with the world from Sunday for most of the rest of the month and unable to follow up so if anyone shares my concerns they may like to spread the word to any contacts they may have.

Robby

RIP 2018 - Robby will always be remembered for his sharing of his trips and knowledge. Missed by all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 week ago #4868 by WT admin
Replied by WT admin on topic Rabies
A very good point Robby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph