× The Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Uthai Thani and Tak Provinces, Thailand. The sanctuary was established in 1974, and is one of the largest and most important protected wildlife areas in Southeast Asia. The wildlife sanctuary was declared a World Heritage Site by the United Nations in 1991. The protected area is home to a diverse range of animals including large mammals, birds, and reptiles. It is Thailand's premier Wildlife research sanctuary.

Sounds of Huai Kha Khaeng

• wildambience
  • wildambience's Avatar Topic Author
  • Naturalist
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #2156 by wildambience
Sounds of Huai Kha Khaeng was created by wildambience
Thanks to all the advice I received from this forum, we had a great stay in Huai Kha Khaeng. Plenty of photos to get through & I'll post as soon as possible. To start with, here is a link to a sound recording made in the deciduous forest. Many more sounds to be edited as well so will post some of the outstanding ones.

Listen with headphones if you can!

soundcloud.com/wildambience/thailand-dec...rest-huai-kha-khaeng

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #2157 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic Sounds of Huai Kha Khaeng
Thats great! The GBS is a great sound - I could not understand why they are depicted as "monsters" in many Burmese temple paintings until I first heard one - fabulous sound.

Am mesmerised by your borneo frogs though - sweet!

More
4 years 2 months ago #2159 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic Sounds of Huai Kha Khaeng
That's really cool!
What equipment are you using to record these sounds?
Can't get this clarity with my smart phone ;-)

• wildambience
  • wildambience's Avatar Topic Author
  • Naturalist
More
4 years 1 month ago #2165 by wildambience
Replied by wildambience on topic Sounds of Huai Kha Khaeng
here's a link to a page explaining the setup I use - wildambience.com/sound-recording-equipment/
The following user(s) said Thank You: onflipflops

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph