× The Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Uthai Thani and Tak Provinces, Thailand. The sanctuary was established in 1974, and is one of the largest and most important protected wildlife areas in Southeast Asia. The wildlife sanctuary was declared a World Heritage Site by the United Nations in 1991. The protected area is home to a diverse range of animals including large mammals, birds, and reptiles. It is Thailand's premier Wildlife research sanctuary.

Huai kha khaeng wildlife sanctuary - accommodation

• civettwitcher
  • civettwitcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Leech Bait
More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 3 days ago #5091 by civettwitcher
Hello,
Does anyone have any tips on accommodation for huai kha khaeng wildlife sanctuary? I can't seem to find much information on the internet.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago - 3 weeks 2 days ago #5095 by Paul T
I can't help as I have not been for a few years - but I often visit Lan Sak (nearest "large" town about 10-15 ks away) and accommodation and food is not the area's strong point.

Theres some mention of more local accommodation, to HKK,  in this thread :

another thread here

If I am in the area I usually stay at Pla Ra Homestay (its not a homestay)  but thats about 40 minutes from the HKK gate. Another option is Lan Sak which has a couple of small bunglaow places (sorry don't know names) and is about 35 minutes from the HKK gate.
Third option is the village at the HKK turn (2 minutes from gate) - see the link above for that.
No idea if they ever re-opened the camp site. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph