Facebook Login
× Over 400 species of birds are known to occur within the Park’s boundaries, and 57 mammals. Larger mammals include elephant, gaur, sambar deer, banteng, serow, and bear, indo-chinese tiger, leopard, both common and Fea’s muntjac. Malayan tapir, white-handed gibbon, dusky and banded langurs, Asian wild dog, otter, and wild boar.

New Kaeng Krachan Camp Site

07 Mar 2016 13:53 #3496 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic New Kaeng Krachan Camp Site
It's indeed not very clearly signposted.

If I understood correctly the first day it was officially closed, was 27 February. We heard that upon arrival. Initially for one week. But because the situation hasn't changed it remains closed, I guess until further notice (or in other words: until rain!).
But that's the reason why there were hardly any people camping at Ban Krang the last two weekends.

What I do not understand is that some tributaries of the Pranburi river are still flowing at higher elevation.
I wonder if this water just disappears in the soil before reaching the lower elevations and therefore stops flowing further down stream.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Mar 2016 04:20 #3511 by Mi Ke
Replied by Mi Ke on topic New Kaeng Krachan Camp Site
Huh :(
Somehow disappointing.
Want to be there in mid-April - hope Ban Krang will be open.

I'm wheelless, so the only way - by taxi from the HQ, and initially wanted to stay there.
Now thinking about Panoen Thung, though it'd be tricky for me to get from there :)))

11 Mar 2016 13:57 #3516 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic New Kaeng Krachan Camp Site
At the visitor centre you can ask for a vehicle to bring you to either Ban Krang, or to Panoen Thung. I don't know the prices. Obviously Panoen Thung would be more expensive to get to.
Still, they might allow you to stay, though maybe you can not take a shower...

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2021 wildlifethailand.com

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.