× Over 400 species of birds are known to occur within the Park’s boundaries, and 57 mammals. Larger mammals include elephant, gaur, sambar deer, banteng, serow, and bear, indo-chinese tiger, leopard, both common and Fea’s muntjac. Malayan tapir, white-handed gibbon, dusky and banded langurs, Asian wild dog, otter, and wild boar.

Food for thought

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #3397 by Geoff Potter
This bear is now being fed regularly in KKC and is out most evenings in the scout camp opposite Bang Krang camp. Fried fish and rice seem to be its preferred diet.

Any thoughts?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #3398 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic Food for thought
Just saw the video on Facebook as well. IMHO should be stopped and made sure no one can continue with it. If it continues the animal will get confused and then an accident is on the cards.

Strangely enough - has anyone noticed a "friendly" pied hornbill in Baan Krang as well? I figure it has habituation issues as well. Last weekend one climbed into the back of my covered pickup and climbed inside my wellington boot and then spent 15 minutes sat on my open door.

More
2 years 5 months ago #3400 by rushenb
Replied by rushenb on topic Food for thought
This one yes.. Released from captivity.. I was very surprised when it flew and landed on kitchen wall.. I approached like up to couple of meters.. Than I heard from people what it was about.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul T

More
2 years 5 months ago #3401 by rushenb
Replied by rushenb on topic Food for thought
... and. I really don't like the idea of a bear being fed. I don't even like to photo those porcupines behind the kitchen, it doesn't look natural.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul T

More
2 years 5 months ago #3403 by Geoff Potter
Replied by Geoff Potter on topic Food for thought
The issue here is that the bear is going to associate people with food, then its just a matter of time before it enters the campsite. This kind of thing is a huge problem in North America and I am afraid that if the KKC officials don't do something about it someone could be seriously injured.

Hope its not me, do bears like beer?

More
2 years 5 months ago #3404 by bootly66
Replied by bootly66 on topic Food for thought

Geoff Potter wrote: The issue here is that the bear is going to associate people with food, then its just a matter of time before it enters the campsite. This kind of thing is a huge problem in North America and I am afraid that if the KKC officials don't do something about it someone could be seriously injured.

Hope its not me, do bears like beer?

Attachments:

More
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds

Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information Ok Decline