× Over 400 species of birds are known to occur within the Park’s boundaries, and 57 mammals. Larger mammals include elephant, gaur, sambar deer, banteng, serow, and bear, indo-chinese tiger, leopard, both common and Fea’s muntjac. Malayan tapir, white-handed gibbon, dusky and banded langurs, Asian wild dog, otter, and wild boar.

The lonely long-tail macaque

2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #3504 by rushenb
Hi all,

Last few day I saw this lonely long-tail macaque around km 13-14 twice. Anyone else seen it? Strong feeling it has been hanging around there for a while. It has a small wound on it's right hand and the paint on the arm makes me think if this monkey was released into the wild from captivity?

If that is the case, perhaps it wasn't that smart move to release it in that area as the long-tail area is right outside the park towards headquarters (at least that is the only place I have frequently seen them).

Cheers,

Rushen

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #3527 by rushenb
P'Pong confirmed, this long-tail is released from captivity. It is nowadays a permanent resident and number one trouble-maker in Ban Krang.

I heard that one tourists already complained angrily that "he will never visit this park again".. Let's hope he will never visit any parks in Thailand (!).. :)

To all of you planning to overnight in tent, leave your tent open when you are not using it, otherwise this macaque will open it the hard way! Also; don't have any bags closed, just spread out anything that is not food and it will leave the tent quick!

Cheers,

More
2 years 4 months ago #3530 by onflipflops
I guess it's just hoping for a leopard to take care of this. (Sorry mister monkey.)

More
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information Ok Decline