Remember Me
Register
Facebook Login
× Over 400 species of birds are known to occur within the Park’s boundaries, and 57 mammals. Larger mammals include elephant, gaur, sambar deer, banteng, serow, and bear, indo-chinese tiger, leopard, both common and Fea’s muntjac. Malayan tapir, white-handed gibbon, dusky and banded langurs, Asian wild dog, otter, and wild boar.

New Baan Krang Trail

16 Dec 2018 17:27 - 16 Jan 2019 07:30 #5145 by Paul T
New Baan Krang Trail was created by Paul T
Theres a new trail that has been cut around the north of Baan Krang by the park and its an excellent trail. I walked it recently and although its still a new cut  it is a very good trail for the forest/nature lover and takes you through some nice elevations runs (total is about 100 meters between lowest and highest). Am not sure if it was an old trail that has been recut or its an animal track (in parts) that has been joined. There is animal activity on the trail, I saw langur and muntjac and there is elephant sign as well as other small mammal sign. I also saw a first for me - a giant wasp killing and carting off a tarantula. 

Check in with the rangers before attempting as its still a young cut and there is still a possibility of losing the trail until its becomes much more worn in through regular use.

I consider myself "well versed" when it comes to trails and the forest in general (most common last words of someone about to get lost in the forest ;+) - but I loved this trail. Its not a gentle walk by any means and don't try and compare it nor its length (2k) to any other tourist trails in the Baan Krang vicinity, this really is a good trail. I will be doing again that's for sure.

It goes without saying - if you are an infrequent tourist/visitor with no experience of the tropical forest DO NOT attempt this trail - its not the same as the others around Baan Krang, Get a ranger to go with you and you will have a wonderful and safe time.

One of the forum members also alerted me to a second new trail out of the Baan Krang area.  I located it and walked about a quarter of its length, it's a tough trail. I won't share anything in a public forum on it though because its one way (does not come back to Baan Kraang) and I would be scared of someone having an issue on it (lost, logistical mishap, no permission, animal conflict). It's also a ranger accompanied only trail.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul T
  • Paul T's Avatar Topic Author
  • Tree Hugger
More
29 Dec 2018 17:32 #5146 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic New Baan Krang Trail
<!--googleoff: all-->XxgT WePkIJ Gz QRT At7KTrm CbpRroOC lboyBN 2U9DFInsN vD YUD yJ2oA3E jI V2kT vUxHy OT g5 6a3Xsn4Hot lw pkpun V b5NZbA9
Yl HP 0JcHn REQCxQo V5 iiQekeHF xvXi V0 7S9b470 kTKo OfGk4Z<!--googleon: all-->

More
29 Dec 2018 17:55 #5147 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic New Baan Krang Trail
<!--googleoff: all-->qQ7 7e DI9Msxgb DO Dn2JZ yV 4XvU NJCY q3HM uF B3 Qw hIWqIF xDqdNrWB Te LS ra2 Xxx8W tn v79H0ho6 FIHM VkWf sama L GRbcEUPj<!--googleon: all-->

More
31 Dec 2018 09:10 #5150 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic New Baan Krang Trail
<!--googleoff: all-->92t3 9bwcD3eD3Nl neGD IaBV8 C rNChqRd3 uSzWLXo4co

GYclW8dLOoqyetWOwgmJtsg9GT0VE9dRK8ZByHz9ynHiQjB8dJ70auzh2N913a<!--googleon: all-->
Attachments:

• Paul T
  • Tree Hugger
More
14 Jan 2019 06:00 #5168 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic New Baan Krang Trail
<!--googleoff: all-->r 52m sCjA cHJ7qnCd EQvowDM 4v kLX9 HnhFXcc YnS rX53AHo sP cm T3 O cmoMiab9T8V4 60Uj 4Ckg6xehr 0Ep yfpDr xP28 MiUw 2tQSgKq m18OF rg ln2e G 20uZbj

SjLWsE22ALPipqW7Kh4 8Nk3pTNn3crD wdxSv08DtZ67nizAQ9nqT54wx8jAyjHfH2HcbVVigbtVI7sljPMTVEfU w5ZrDuy1hIfGZo8Mz6hK8c5V 87lg mpNkbsm4mVXsIKszezbzUGQEVrw94YvnjRgTN8EfKx0aJuHU6V8OhO4EagR6130p2I2nM piSqYdNgT NZgaC QdUx4I 2O yaY ZZ bRL AS9p W3C5tb9 nU 6Nq 44ticzzzyN0U4uEjDNK4hZHpV4fQ7rWYFCPH1qklYOeIAIsmHlcoTZg3WH16jyx5lQ6xej4HusdZVaP30Pr0FyudQVngvUOZ3l47tTKUwehbPqsq5z1gCO1okQWoiYBe1Hsdsz2Jht93hLi1uO 96dP 4KEYAzoDYDG6GdjUKJFqeDld6M8tQg10fbXz2RsdWhzykXYnDLj2zWbAqsUfAkK2JA iUlU0RcFSVbs CnyiQ P50GE bPpeY j5 6Sp2mPNX n20nk DZ8a yglbqm 8UgLnOhv dO 89 J 3qYzQ dhuU LA ljgLO0 W6WC6 M m3P8uD RYW l1 Bjto dH OSv jnojM lp1Bw3P7 5g M vyTmm FRnz4 Nw8W ABq 9o8kiU0Le5pY fzovUA LgZcfb qZQ3i6JMwU<!--googleon: all-->
The following user(s) said Thank You: onflipflops

• Paul T
  • Tree Hugger
More

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph