Remember Me
Register
Facebook Login
× Over 400 species of birds are known to occur within the Park’s boundaries, and 57 mammals. Larger mammals include elephant, gaur, sambar deer, banteng, serow, and bear, indo-chinese tiger, leopard, both common and Fea’s muntjac. Malayan tapir, white-handed gibbon, dusky and banded langurs, Asian wild dog, otter, and wild boar.

Access without a car?

18 Feb 2019 16:24 - 04 Mar 2019 14:55 #5187 by wvwv
Access without a car? was created by wvwv
I've wanted to visit this park for a long time but it seems bikes and bicycles aren't allowed. But some people say you are allowed to walk even though the distances are very long. I don't have a car nor do I own a credit card so not able to rent one.  I'm happy to walk if thats the only option but I don't want to turn up and then be turned away. I think there are tours too right? But I wouldn't want a private tour and I'd want to stay a night or two, so a group tour might work if they can pick me up the next day. Anybody know what's the best option? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Feb 2019 16:56 #5190 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic Access without a car?
Local hotels and the park's visitor centre (which is located on the shores of the Kaeng Krachan reservoir) can arrange drivers to bring you to the Ban Krang camp and when you want to go back you can ask the rangers to call a driver to pick you up. I do not know the going rates, but cheaper than a private tour.
I have never heard of group tour options in the area. 
The cheapest guided options can be found at BaanMaka.com. They offer full day 'guided' options with local guides/ drivers that do not speak English, but know the area and can show you around. In that case you are likely to see more than by visiting on your own. Not sure, I think it excludes entrance fees, and meals., but better to ask them about it.

I am not sure if the rangers will allow you to walk in from the main gate. From what I have heard they won't allow you to do so. But especially if you visit in the weekend, you might be able to hitch hike your way in with other visitors, if you find a way to get to the park entrance (which might be complicated). 

Good luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph