Remember Me
Register
Facebook Login
× The park is the third largest in Thailand. It covers an area of 300 square kilometers, including tropical seasonal forests and grasslands. Its altitude mostly ranges from 400–1,000 m above sea level. There are 3,000 species of plants, 320 species of birds, and 67 species of mammals, recording in this, Thailand's most famous National Park.

Mo singto watchtower

18 Feb 2019 12:26 - 04 Mar 2019 14:57 #5184 by wvwv
Mo singto watchtower was created by wvwv
Where exactly is it? The Google maps positioning is wrong because there's nothing there. I walked a few trails around the reservoir and couldn't find a tower anywhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Feb 2019 16:37 #5189 by onflipflops
Replied by onflipflops on topic Mo singto watchtower
There used to be a tower approximately here:  goo.gl/maps/mF65GyPJAjN2
Not sure if it still exists. I have never stayed in that tower, because I think it is not worth it waiting in that particular area, unless you want to photograph the deer.
Nong Pak Chi is reasonable though the forest edge is far from the tower at nearly all sides. But with a good set of binoculars it can be nice. 
There is enough wildlife around that area, but it is not uncommon to see very little of interest from the tower. 

26 Feb 2019 09:54 #5193 by wvwv
Replied by wvwv on topic Mo singto watchtower
Thanks. So its the other side of the road to where I was looking. I have tried to go up there before but security turned me around. I will ask them next time.

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph