Facebook Login
× The park is the third largest in Thailand. It covers an area of 300 square kilometers, including tropical seasonal forests and grasslands. Its altitude mostly ranges from 400–1,000 m above sea level. There are 3,000 species of plants, 320 species of birds, and 67 species of mammals, recording in this, Thailand's most famous National Park.

And I was back again ...

12 Sep 2019 17:02 - 15 Sep 2019 08:23 #5339 by zuppi
And I was back again ... was created by zuppi
An extension to my former thread 'I was back' , a business trip brought me back to Bangkok and took the opportunity to have a short (2 nights) visit to Khao Yai. Again I was able to take some interesting pictures which I would like to share with you.

Follow me on Instagram: daniel_zuppinger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Sep 2019 19:53 #5342 by wvwv
Replied by wvwv on topic And I was back again ...
What's the cat? Marbled cat? And where did you see that?

At the campsite one of the staff has brought in a domestic cat to live there, even though pets are banned in national parks. First time I saw it in pitch black I thought I'd stumbled upon a marbled cat or fishing cat.

13 Sep 2019 20:17 - 13 Sep 2019 20:18 #5348 by zuppi
Replied by zuppi on topic And I was back again ...
No, it is a Leopard Cat (Prionailurus bengalensis) . It's native to this area, but rarely seen. I was incredibly lucky to see it and to catch it with my camera :-)

It was right next to the Observation Tower at Nong Phak Chi.

Follow me on Instagram: daniel_zuppinger

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph

©2019 wildlifethailand.com