Video Presentation on Wildlife Photography

4 years 2 months ago #1969 by NN
An interesting and entertaining presentation by photographer Steve Winter, includes discussion on using camera traps and shooting in Burma.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #1970 by Paul T
What a great find - absolutely fascinating! A million thanks for sharing.

More
4 years 2 months ago #1971 by NN

trekker wrote: What a great find - absolutely fascinating! A million thanks for sharing.

No problem, thought it might be appreciated here.

More
4 years 2 months ago #1972 by onflipflops
Indeed very nice.

It did show a bit of a flash setup for one of the remote cameras when shooting a Mountain Lion, but not in detail. It didn't show how the flashes were used.
In some of his images it seems like he is getting soft shadows. I wonder if they use some sort of softboxes to increase the size of the light source.

Even though working for NG sounds like a dream, I don't know if I would like to have the pressure/ stress of having to return with the best of the best images. Though, in the projects Steve Winter did it seems like time was not an issue.

But how pleasant to have a team of technicians that will make anything you need, with an - what seems - unlimited budget. Without that much of his ideas to get such great, unusual images would simply be impossible.

And how useful to have a photography assistant.
This week I went a day herping in Holland in search for the European Adder. A friend of mine joined, he is used to handle snakes so could keep an eye on the snake, and my wife was there to hold the remote flash with DIY shoot-through umbrella. So I did not have to worry about anything except focussing and looking for a nice composition. That made getting some decent images so much easier.
And I have to thank the female adder for being such a patient model (BTW the first 2 we found were not!).

More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information Ok Decline