Bear Cubs
7 25%
Blue Pitta
7 25%
Egret
3 10.7%
Broadbills
5 17.9%
Total number of voters: 7 ( bootly66, Bjarnie, Bo Christensen, WT admin, Paul T ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #3096 by WT admin
Vote! Pic of the Month Aug 2015 was created by WT admin
The site moderators have had a very hard time this week deliberating just which of the many excellent photographs that have been submitted since June (when we re-started to Photo of "month" contest) are the finalists.

As we wanted to get it down to just 5 for public voting theres been a lot of great photos that did not quite make it, just because we had so many to choose from.

We have just picked the final five from the Moderators short list for voting and invite everyone to vote. You have multiple votes (just click the blue vote button at the bottom) so you don't have to vote for just one.

IF YOU ARE NOT A FORUM MEMBER YOU CAN STILL VOTE! Just click the Blue button "Easily Register or Login" and it will let you sign in with your Facebook or Google credentials to vote.

Voting will close on September 18 and the winner will receive the prize of a rare Wildlife Thailand tee shirt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #3097 by WT admin
Replied by WT admin on topic Vote! Pic of the Month Aug 2015
Blue Pitta:

Bear Cubs:

Egret:

Lantern Bug:

Broadbills:

More
3 years 2 months ago #3129 by WT admin
Last couple of days to register your vote!

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #3132 by WT admin
Two winners! Congratulations! I will transfer the images to pic of the month gallery shortly. If the winners, flip flops and bootly, can send me any text they want included with the pics by PM that would be great.

Also PM me a mailing address so I can send the prizes. Or if anyone is in KY tomorrow I should be there all day and have Tee shirts in the car.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bootly66

More
3 years 1 month ago #3133 by bootly66
Replied by bootly66 on topic Vote! Pic of the Month Aug 2015
a real privilege..... don't think i have ever won anything before... thanks to all that voted/////

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #3134 by jonathanbkk
Replied by jonathanbkk on topic Vote! Pic of the Month Aug 2015
Hi Bootly, congrats on winning, also congrats to FlipFlops

Bootly, Do you mind sharing how and where you got the photo? I am always curious about the story behind the picture
The following user(s) said Thank You: onflipflops, bootly66

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #3136 by bootly66
Replied by bootly66 on topic Vote! Pic of the Month Aug 2015
Thanks, Yes the picture was taken at Kaeng Krachan NP.The Blue Pitta is fairly easy to find from around May/August.. July is it's usual breeding time. As I say it is a fairly easy bird to find at this time, especially as it is quite vocal.... Photographing it though is a different story, I use a pop-up hide and sit it out.. Sometimes for many hours. Check out my site.. you will find many more pics in the Gallery section.. Cheers Brian ...BTW, are you into birding??? www.thaibirdspot.com

More
3 years 1 month ago #3139 by jonathanbkk
Replied by jonathanbkk on topic Vote! Pic of the Month Aug 2015
Hi Bootly, I thought it was KK but figured I would ask as I have seen this species a few times and yes they are always faster than my lens

I am into birding to some degree as well as mammals. As posted before I recently bought a hide from your site to get more serious about it
The following user(s) said Thank You: bootly66

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph