× Phu Khieo Wildlife Sanctuary is close to the Chulabhorn Dam and the nearest large town is Chumpae in Khon Khaen. It has an area of 1,560 square kilometres. The geography consists of a sandstone mountain range with high cliffs. It is one of Thailand's premier sanctuaries that allows limited tourist access.

Yellow-throated Marten common in Phu Khieo?

• jack2964
  • jack2964's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nature Nut
More
1 year 8 months ago #4309 by jack2964
I think they are fairly common here as I had one raiding my locked cooler box left outside the accommodation next to the 'Queen's Place' on both nights. Also seen by hide users over 2 days it showed at least twice a day at the water hole.

These pics I have show ticks stuck on its eyelids.

For this visit I picked up ticks and so did my missus which never happened over the last half dozen times before so I don't know what to make of this.
But for consolation there were no leeches.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #4312 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic Yellow-throated Marten common in Phu Khieo?
Cool shots Jack! Common in most locations - delightful though.

I have not been ticked yet in Phu Khieo but with all the dry open areas and mammals (esp the deer) around its a surprise more people are not ticked esp this time of year. Many mammals at elevation = ticks (dry season) and leeches (wet season)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

"Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." > Edward O. Wilson

"An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." > Sir David Attenborough

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” > Robb Sagendorph